- Sponsored: 64% off Code Black Drone with HD Camera
Our #1 Best-Selling Drone--Meet the Dark Night of the Sky!
- Ira Deutchman on Moving from Indies to Broadway with 'Hester Street | Indiewire - 5/25/2016
The Emerging Pictures co-founder and longtime distribution executive is co-producing a stage adaptation of the 1975 indie hit "Hester Street."
- Hester Street To Be Adapted For Theater From American Nov | Indiewire, 5/25/2016
In 1975 the indie film "Hester Street," by writer-director Joan Micklin Silver, hit the big screen and became a total box office hit. Now, producers Michael Rabinowitz and Ira Deutchman have optioned the stage rights to the feature with hopes to produce a New York theatrical adaptation, with Micklin Silver as a consultant.
- ‘Hester Street’ Stage Adaptation In the Works for New York | Variety, 5/25/2016
Producers Michael Rabinowitz and Ira Deutchman have optioned the stage rights to the 1975 indie-film success “Hester Street,” planning to produce a New York theatrical adaptation of the title in consultation with the movie’s writer-director, Joan Micklin Silver (“Crossing Delancey”).
- New distribution and marketing models in the on-demand age - Cineuropa, 5/21/2016
“The medium is the message.” This stirring quote by visionary crackpot Marshall McLuhan opened multi-talented Ira Deutchman’s enlightening introduction to a strategic discussion on new distribution and marketing models in the on-demand age.
- Will Sean Parker's Screening Room hurt or help the film industry? -- The Guardian, 4/8/2016
Veteran producer, distributor and exhibitor Ira Deutchman said from a “purely business perspective”, Screening Room makes sense for studios, once the threat of piracy is quashed.
- The Daily Buzz from Sundance 2016: Day 2 (1/23/2016) - KCPW
- Effie Brown on Matt Damon's Diversity Comments" Indiewire, 10/9/2015
And changes are underway in Hollywood, argued Ira Deutchman. He believes that the studios' failure to reach mass audiences --which in Hollywood's mind equals young men -- may motivate them to rethink their repertoires from a purely economic perspective.
- BTN LiveBIG: NU alum and Hollywood legend named a Michigan ‘Maverick & Maker’ « Big Ten Network
- The Oscar Campaign That Changed Everything for Indies (Guest Column) - Hollywood Reporter
Others in the indie community took note. The next year, Cinecom’s Ira Deutchman spearheaded a vigorous campaign for A Room With A View, resulting in a best picture nom. Three years after that came Miramax’s My Left Foot, giving us an introductory glimpse into Harvey Weinstein’s clever tactics and relentless determination. Once Harvey got a foothold, Oscar campaigns would never be the same again.
- Movie theater chain deal would make largest operator | WUWM, 3/4/2016